Thursday, October 7, 2010

We all need a confidence boost

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4089846
4.23m
38:54min
9.11pace

(@2.65m = 24:45 = 9:20pace)

Well, damn, nice pace!

I found the key: lots of pre-run stretching. Screw what I've heard; I need stretching before I run. Before I even head outside, in fact. I got completely dressed, headphones on, then stretched inside where it's warm. Outside: walked/stretched/adjusted my laces and stretched some more. Off I went. Okay, truthfully it took about a minute for everything to get going once I started running, but no pain. Yee-hah!

I think the multiple rest days also helped. Considering stairs were an issue even yesterday, running today pain-free was such a joy.

Also, wondering if eating a ton of cereal last night made a difference?

Seeing "my guy" on the run was and always is a pleasure. I don't know who he is, but he always makes me smile. He pulled up the sleeve of his marathon jacket, looked at his watch, then me and said lookin' good!

My goal today was to listen to my body, go easy on the pace (but push at the very end), and just log some cardio. Accomplished.

Def needed this confidence-boosting run. Now I just need to do this on Monday, but tack on two miles. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment