Thursday, September 9, 2010

3.7miles

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4026433

Perfect weather.

While I missed seeing the guy* on Mass Ave who reminds me of my grandfather, Papa Bob, I had tweaked my playlist last night and that carried me through.

*He's been on Mass Ave a bunch of times and always says something encouraging and has a huge grin. He's awesome. I sometimes wonder if he is a runner or former athlete. I've seen him wearing a Bos mara jacket, but never stop and look to see if it's a volunteer issue or athlete issue.

Here's the thing. So I went out looking to do 4m - starting slow, picking up speeding in the middle, then reducing. My plans changed halfway through. I had to go. Number two. I could take my chances and finish my run, but I was increasingly losing focus on the running (which might have its merits aka distraction!). I stopped in at home, dropped off the kids, and blew out the door. (First washing hands, grabbing small handful of raisins and two cashews.) Ah, much better - now I could focus on the run. Since I'd had the short respite, I needed to justify it with some fast running.

Total distance 3.7m
Total running time 34:55
Pre-home 2.4m
Pre-h about 22 min
Post-home 1.3m
Post-h 12:55 min**
**The 1.3m consisted of running normally, then picking it up for a half mile, then back to normal, then a sprint on a flat, then walk, then jog, then sprint the same flat.

Gobs of delicious stretching followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment