Tuesday, September 7, 2010

inspired 3 miles

Yesterday I looked up old 5K race times and was inspired seeing my results. Granted, I was a whole lot younger. Still, though, if I did it then, I figure I could do it again.

So, I mapped a route and went out. I was a little anxious knowing my plan, but I went anyway. Started slowly, then picked it up. The route: Mass at Russell. To 16, around teeny island and back (and holy crap my time is good so far - 8:41). Down Davenport, cross Elm, up Burnside, right on Summer, down Linden, right on Elm. Somewhere around the JFK Elementary School I got a cramp in the right side of my stomach. I pushed through because I knew I was almost done - just had to make it to Burnside. When I did, I felt mildly like I could puke which quickly passed then I was mega thirsty.

Goal: 3m at 9min miles
9.7.10
27:15
3.09 M
8:4912 pace
Goal exceeded :)

No comments:

Post a Comment