Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Body Express & Spin

30 min Body Express w/ Tara
It's been a while since I've taken one of her Body classes and I forgot how sucky hard they are.
.killer lunges off bench and back up to a knee lift on bench w/ two risers on ea. end
.shoulder pulls (okay, I forget what they're called, but it's this: foot on bench, lean on quad while other hand holds weight, keep shoulders square while bending elbow and pulling weight alongside body up to hip-ish height, elbow around shoulder height/maybe above, extend arm back down to start position)
.tri kickbacks
.pushups
.squats
.dead lifts
.upright rows
.preacher curl
.overhead press
.chest curls with knees above hips, shins perp to floor
.single arm chest curls w/ same as above
.butt bench kisses
.side skates
.upper crunches w/ knees above hips
.upper crunches w/ ankles above hips, add lower crunch at same time
.that's about it

45 spin w/ Tara
A bunch of bikes were out-of-commission - sits or handle bars were off (wtf?) I grabbed a bike in the front row (my preference), adjusted everything (this takes a couple of minutes), and hopped on. Got one foot clamped in and went to do the same on the other. Um, yo, where's the strap? I need the strap. Ugh. Quick move to another bike, repeat set-up procedure. By now I've missed the four-minute warm up. Which is great because we're going right into a hill. (Totally facetious. This'd be like sprinting from the start of a marathon.) No problem, though; I can power through this. Sprinting? Increase resistance? I got it. One more sprint puts me over the edge and I nearly die. I collapse onto the handlebars momentarily and get back in the game. I'm well aware that my energy can affect the energy of the room (front row, remember? Oh, and I'm directly in front of the instructor which is annoying - where I'm I supposed to look? Her boobs are directly in my gaze, and I don't play in that field, so I settle for a slightly askew gaze.) Her playlist rocked and I managed the rest of the class.

Tons of stretching. Got friendly with the foam roller and discovered a new dealio for my back that totally rocked. I need a FR for home - my ITB and back will thank me profusely.

If I were savvy, I'd order one right now while I'm thinking of it. But I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment